Fund Raising Activities
- At inception, raised $6.9 million from a consortium of banks, corporations and individuals.
- In 1991 raised an additional $1.4 million from various local financial institutions.
- Awarded $1,000,000 under U.S. Department of Treasury CDFI program in 2000.
- Received a $1,000,000 low interest loan from Bank of America in 2001.
- Received an $800,000 low interest loan from Marketplace Bank in 2002.
- Received a $3,500,000 low interest loan from Wachovia Bank in 2004.
- BEA Awards
- From 1997-1999 received total funds of $650,000 from Bank of America.
- Received $125,000 from Wachovia [formerly First Union] in 1997.